8 Cooling Ayurvedic drinks for summer
Ayurveda recommends following a seasonal lifestyle or ritucharya during different seasons to maintain the balance with the nature. In summer, the high temperatures cause excessive sweating which makes the body lose essential electrolytes and fluids. Ayurveda suggests the intake of herbal drinks and specific fruit juices to replenish the fluid level in the body and to prevent dehydration.
Following are cooling Ayurvedic drinks recommended for summer.
• Amla juice – Along with its multiple health benefits, amla is also considered to be an excellent summer coolant. Amla juice can keep the body cool and protect it from the effects of hot winds.
• Buttermilk – Ayurvedic buttermilk or Takra is cooling nature and is highly recommended for summer heat. It is light and easy digest, while also being able to counter dehydration effectively.
• Tender coconut water – It is a refreshing natural drink which helps retain fluids in the body and prevent dehydration. Tender coconut water is an excellent source to replenish the lost electrolytesand give an instant boost of energy.
• Lime juice – Lime juice is regarded as one of the favourite summer drink as it is cooling and helps relieve thirst. It also helps flush out toxins from the body and maintain the body’s pH balance.
• Cucumber juice – Cucumber has high water content and is low in calories and fats. It is effective for cooling down the body in summer, while also being diuretic and aiding in detoxification.
• Pomegranate juice – Pomegranate helps balance the three doshas in the body and has a cooling energy. It helps reduce body heat and controls thirst.
• Rosewater – It also contains the sweet and cooling properties like other drinks and helps balance pitta dosha in summer.
• Raw mango juice – Drinking aam panna or raw mango juice prevents the loss of essential minerals due to excessive sweating in the summer.
Latest posts by Dr.Sandeep Krishna (see all)