The human aging can be classified into three.
- Chronological aging (The number of years a person has lived),
- Physiological aging (progressive functional decline, or a gradual deterioration of physiological function with age)
- Psychological aging (Type of aging that a person will experience which may or may not match their actual aging).
Then how can we age gracefully. We have to start the healthy basics from the child hood to maintain a healthy and well nourished body. Mental health should also be taken care of avoiding unnessary stress and strain. Even though we cannot prevent chronological aging, we can prevent physiological aging by keeping physical fitness. Psychological aging also can be slowed down with Yoga and other mental relaxation techiniques.
In Ayurvedic science Rejuvenation or Rasayana treatment is advised specially for individuals who have concern about a health issue or experience physical discomfort or emotional turbulence in their lives.
Geriatrics in Ayurveda focuses on health care of elderly people. It aims to promote health by preventing and treating diseases and disabilities in older adults. There is no set age at which patients may consult a physician as this decision is determined by ones own needs.
Rejuvenating and restorative treatments are designed to reduce stress and anxiety, eliminate toxins, balance and tone your body, calm your mind, and nurture your spirit. Rasayana establishes wellness in the body by releasing emotional tension and physical discomfort, and creates a foundation of wellness and stability in the physiology.
- Geriatrics in Ayurveda - December 21, 2011
- Women’s Care Programme in Ayurveda - December 21, 2011
- Ayurvedic treatment for Infertility and Impotency - December 21, 2011