Healthier Way to Start a Day is the Best Way to Start a Day.
Pancakes, the westernized name for the South Indian visual treat ‘Ada’ surely knocks our taste buds & fills us up with a delightful delight in our eyes. When made with sprouted moongs this delicious breakfast option is healthier and nutritious. The fiber-rich recipe not only fills you up but also imparts you with a good amount of proteins as well. In addition to it all, this healthy breakfast loads you up with many essential vitamins and minerals too. Few extra supplements like carrot and spinach can shape-up these pancakes as a more energizing and wholesome power breakfast.
With the yummy mélange of moong sprouts and veggies, this dish is not only easy to put together but also a real culinary and visual treat!
1 cup moong sprouts
1/4 cup finely chopped spinach
1/4 cup finely chopped fenugreek
2 tbsp. grated carrot
2 tbsp. besan
1/2 tsp. turmeric powder
1/2 tsp. ginger-green chili paste
1/4 tsp. cumin seeds
1/4 tsp. oil
Salt to taste
Preparation Time: 10 mins, Cooking Time: 15 mins
Count – 4 pancakes
- Combine moong sprouts and ½ cup of water and blend in a mixer to a smooth paste. Transfer it to a bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to the bowl. Sprinkle salt and mix the batter with a spoon till no lumps remain.
- Pour water if required to make a loose mixture.
- Grease a pan with oil (preferably a cast iron) and make small pancake till it is golden brown in color.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce of your choice.